In 2008 Walker Adamson Ltd. were successful in tendering for the mechanical services and plumbing at Velvet Hotel, Manchester. Velvet Hotel is a luxurious hotel located on the world famous Canal Street and was built above the existing Velvet basement restaurant and ground floor bar / club. The four floors above were previously offices and were converted to a 20 bedroom hotel, with each large room being unique and lavishly decorated. The hotel opened to guests in May 2009.
The scope of our work consisted of:
- Removal and disposal of the old redundant services and equipment.
- Installation of a full Mitsubishi VRF air conditioning system throughout all the rooms .
- Installation of a boosted hot water system to provide hot water for the en-suites, bar and restaurant.
- Installation of hot and cold water distribution system throughout.
- Installation of above ground soil and drainage system throughout.
- Installation of extract ventilation to all en-suites.
- Installation of high quality en-suite sanitary-ware throughout.
- Relocation of existing plant to suit the new building layout.
The mechanical services were fully designed and installed by Walker Adamson Ltd.