Whitford Corporation was founded in 1969 by two former school friends in the United States. Soon after they hired a third former school friend who went on to open Whitford Plastics Ltd. in Cheshire. Since those early years Whitford has gone from strength to strength to become a global corporation. Whitford is the manufacturer of the world’s largest, most complete line of fluoropolymer coatings.
In 2012 Whitford decided to relocate their Cheshire factory to a new 47,600 sq.ft industrial premises in Runcorn. Walker Adamson successfully tendered for the mechanical services work and undertook the project from April to August 2012. The mechanical and plumbing work was fully designed by Walker Adamson and included the following:
• New factory warm air heating system throughout the 47,600 sq.ft factory.
• New welded steel gas pipework throughout the factory.
• New industrial mains cold water services throughout the factory.
• New purpose built 400 KW plantroom to serve the radiator and fan convector heating, as well as the LPHW ventilation AHU heater batteries, in the newly constructed 15,500 sq.ft office and laboratory complex.
• Installation of heating and hot / cold water services throughout the new offices & labs.
• Installation of new sanitaryware , showers, and dousing showers throughout.
• Installation of heat recovery ventilation in the offices.
• Installation of the production rest room kitchen including all units, appliances, sink and other services.
• Maintenance and modification work to the existing separate administration office block consisting of heating, plumbing, ventilation and air conditioning ductwork modifications.
• Replacement boiler plant to the existing administration office block.
• All chlorinating, testing and commissioning of the new and existing services.